Hoi Ian

> If the smiley is the last item on a line and you select that line for quoting,
> it depends on what you select as to whether it will selectively quote or not.

> If you drag the cursor so that the smiley at the end of the line is just
> selected, it will not quote.

> If you select the line with the smiley at the end and the very start of the
> following line (not selecting anything on that line itself), it will not
> quote.

> If you select the line with the smiley at the end, plus the following blank
> line and the very start of the the next line, the smiley will quote.

> It appears that for the smiley to quote, it must have printable white space
> after it. It does not quote if there is nothing after it, or if there is just
> a carriage return and line feed only after it.

> Can anyone confirm :(

Absolutely. In addition, as I wrote in my note attached to the BT, any smiley on
the  last  line  will  not be quoted unless another line/paragraph below the one
with  the  smiley/s  is  selected.  But  only if the last characters represent a
smiley, it seems.

--
Groetjes
Natasha

The Bat! 3.51.10 Pro on Windows XP Pro 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2