Hello Alexander,

>> I have an idea about the crippled IP stack in XP sp2, that refuses to let
>> a program open too many connections at the same time...

ASK> Only for, erm, "half open" connections, that is, opening a port and waiting
ASK> for a response. As soon as there's a reply on that port, its ok.

Uhm,  ok. So, it seems that this is not the cause. Or maybe yes? We should
check  the OS version of people who's having this problem.

I  don't,  and  I run win2000 to connect to a local pop3 server on which I
have 6 accounts, and a remote one with one account.

--

  Fabio "Kurgan" Muzzi

Using The Bat! v3.60.07 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 4