Hello Zygmunt,

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 09:16:13 +0100 GMT (01/11/2005, 15:16 +0700 GMT),
Zygmunt Wereszczynski wrote:

ZW> In some cases I use only one universal filter which moves messages into
ZW> folders of names based on sender domain.

The problem here is that each of the over 100 filters move messages to
a folder specified by the filter. One filter per folder. However,
there are several (up to over 100) domains to be filtered into each
folder.

ZW> The trick lies in symbolic name of
ZW> the folder which use regular expression like this:

ZW> \\Your_Account\%SetPattRegexp="(?is)@(.*)"%RegexpMatch(%OFromAddr)

I do not understand Regex, but I assume you think that I filter to one
folder per domain. This is not the case.

ZW> Condition for this filter may be very simple, for example, you can check if
ZW> sender belongs to AB group

Funny thing is, my AB is completely empty at the office. There is so
much fluctuation in email addresses that the updating would be a
headache. If I am looking for a certain address, I use the search
function on the message base.

ZW> or, if number of domains is small, you can check null condition.
ZW> Additionally, you can create such folders automatically, so sender
ZW> with new domain will not a problem.

No, I don't want to create folders automatically. The folders are
about the country the agent is in, and several agents in the same
country share one folder. Some agents have offices (and the same
domain) in several countries, and those few have agent folders rather
than country folders.

I don't even know how many hundreds of domains I filter on across
several accounts, but I'd be completely helpless without TB's
filtering system. With a reference to "EM Level 5", I should ask NASA
to have a look at it.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

24 Dinge, die man beim Sex nicht sagen sollte: 8. Du bist fast so gut
wie mein Ex!