Hello Mike,

V>> Maybe, there should be some:
V>> 'Run this action if the "Start action was successful"...' between the
V>> start and the finish actions...

> I agree, there are two different conditions. Unfortunately the
> success/failure of the scheduled function is irrelevant.
> I agree this may not be an actual bug, but I believe it is bad form.
> Imagine thinking all of your e-mails have been backed up for the last
> month, then one day you need them. Or the maintenance that wasn't
> really done until one day your mail file becomes inaccessible.

I  totally  understand  you.  Ok,  lets be constructive: go to the BT,
close  the issue, and send a new WISH. I will support that, as e.g. it
is  possible  to  return a result value (0 or 1) from the start action
for the next one, so that can be evaluated...

Hmm... Thinking further: there should be a %STARTACTIONRESULT or
something macro, so:

Dear Mike,

IF %STARTACTIONRESULT=0 Then "Sorry, backup failed"
IF %STARTACTIONRESULT=0 Then "Sorry, backup failed"

Cheers, Mike's TB!

(Ok, I did not use the %IF macro the right way, but something
similar). All we need is a %STARTACTIONRESULT macro, and its result
should be updated by TB! depending on the success of the start action,
if possible...

This way we dont need a 'Run this action if the "Start action was
successful"...' type action between the start and the finish actions...

Any thought?

--
Vili