Hello all,

I'm getting a number of assorted AVs all quite reproducible.

I only have and use the All and Unread tabs on the message list.

The problems appear when I am on a Virtual Folder, have the Unread tab
selected and I Alt+Click on the Subject of a message to quick filter on
that subject. The quick filter works and only the message(s) with that
subject is displayed as it should be.

The problems and various AV sequences depend on what I do next.

       *** 1st variation ***

If I try to select the All tab by clicking on it:

- The message list goes blank (no message displayed)
- The Unread tab remains selected (i.e. on top)
- I get the following AV:

---------------------------
The Bat!
---------------------------
Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000.
---------------------------
Aceptar
---------------------------

If I OK this AV and then click again on All tab, the AV I get is:

---------------------------
The Bat!
---------------------------
Access violation at address 0044606C in module 'thebat.exe'. Read of address
FFFFFFFF.
---------------------------
Aceptar
---------------------------

and this AV will repeat every time I click on All tab. The only way to
get rid of the AVs is to re-start TB.

       *** 2nd variation ***

If after clicking the first time in All tab and getting the first AV I
hit Escape to try remove the quick filter and view all messages I get:

---------------------------
The Bat!
---------------------------
Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000.
---------------------------
Aceptar
---------------------------

When I OK this AV I then get:

---------------------------
The Bat!
---------------------------
Access violation at address 00000004. Read of address 00000004.
---------------------------
Aceptar
---------------------------

and when I OK this second one TB exits (actually vanishes).

       *** 3rd variation ***

If after clicking on All tab, getting the first AV and OKing it I try to
move to another folder, I get 2 AVs:

The Bat!
---------------------------
Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000.
---------------------------
Aceptar
---------------------------

---------------------------
The Bat!
---------------------------
Access violation at address 0044606C in module 'thebat.exe'. Read of address
FFFFFFFF.
---------------------------
Aceptar
---------------------------

After OKing both of them the mouse pointer turns into hourglass.

It looks like even with the hourglass I can select menu or toolbar
options and other folders but, if I select another folder, I get the
same two AVs again.

If while with the hourglass I select Message/Exit, TB exits and
apparently does so normally.

However, if after having moved to another folder and got the two AVs I
click on the message list to focus on it and I then hit Escape, the only
effect is that I can no longer exit TB and have to kill it with
Taskmanager.

If anyone would care to 'waste' some time, I'd like to get at least one
confirmation before logging a BT report.

TIA.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v3.62.14 on Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2