Alexander S. Kunz wrote:

>> Configurations can easily be put into the user's home directory as a
>> plain text file, an ini or for the advanced as XML.
>
> But how would the application sense "oh, I'm running from a flash drive
> now" (which meams it should not store the settings in the user profile)
> then?

To remind you:

I replied on this statement from Roeloff:

=> For a multi user environment on one system the registry is the most
logical place to store settings per user. <=

So your question has nothing to do with what I was saying.

Michael
--
Jabber [EMAIL PROTECTED] - OpenPGP 0xE59FD50D

Um klar zu sehen, genügt oft ein Wechsel der Blickrichtung.
(Antoine de Saint-Exupery)