On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 01:09:27AM +0100, MAU wrote:
>> I can't and won't comment about filters being able to copy/move to
>> Outbox, let me ask you, why I should not be able to manually copy a
>> message to Outbox? Where's the enforcing necessity to forbid me, as an
>> adult, well-informed, tech-freaky user, to resend a message by simply
>> copying it from Sent to Outbox? Maybe I got a bounce, because the
>> destination server was down, I checked back, it's up again and I'm
>> simply to lazy to search for "Resend" menu entry ... I simply want to
>> make the message appear in Outbox again, and being sent after I unparked
>> it. My decision, my responsibility. No need to castrate a program and
>> prevent me from doing so, without really exigent reasons ...

> As a well-informed adult, shouldn't you think about all users and not
> just of yourself?

I do. That's why I think the Draft folder would be a good addition to
being able to Drag 'n Drop a message to Oubox for resending it.
the one for my, the other for other needs.

> And as a tech-freaky user, even a lazy one, or precisely because of
> being lazy, why don't you use Customise to put Re-send in you RMB
> context menu?

Because I hate fiddling with the mouse for hitting the small menu item,
when there's the possibility of an easier solution.
Don't get me wrong, I do use the mouse, I do use the RMB, but I also do
make use of Drag 'n Drop when possible ;-)

> This way Re-send will be easier (and less energy consuming for you)
> than copying to Outbox.

I beg to differ. In my opinion it will neither be easier nor less energy
consuming; Me personally would prefer DnD :-)

> Or maybe as a tech-freaky user you don't like to use the mouse and
> prefer keyboard shortcuts.

I do use the keyboard, but somehow I never got the shortcur for "Resend"
into my mind. That's one of the few I can't remember, maybe because I
don't use it a minimum of once a day. That nevertheless does not mean I
don't need it.

> If so, what's wrong with remembering and using Shift+F6? Yes, I know
> you have said that you want to re-send the message but not really, you
> want to move to outbox but keep it parked until you really want to
> re-send it. Let me ask you something, how many times a day do you do
> that on the average? ;-)

As said: not necessarily once or more a day, but I nevertheless don't
see the need to restrict me, WHEN I want (or need) to do.
As I said: I'm "pro Draft folder" as it fulfills some requirements, but
I'm to "pro Copy/Move to Outbox", as it's good for other things.
I don't see the problem if both is implemented, those who don't want to
resend a message by putting it into Outbox don't have to make use of it,
those who do use it can be protected from accidentally sending the
message by OPF ... Where's the concrete conflict? Where's the reason why
OPF must not exist and copying/moving to Outbox should be forbidden?
Peter Palmreuther