Hello tbbeta,

I select "No encoding" in "Account properties"->"Mail Management"->"Transfer
encoding for Non-ASCII characters"->"In message headers" and compose a
Non-ASCII mail by selecting mail character set as GB2312, and fill in some
Chinese characters in "From", "To" and "Subject" field, then I "Put message
in the outbox" or "Save message as draft".

Then I go to the "Outbox" and "F9" to view its source, the Chinese
characters in "From" and "Subject" field are encoded by wrapping "=?gb2312?"
stuff, and those in "To" filed are changed, as I guess, as UTF-8 characters,
not the original gb2312 characters.

And I think the correct result should be: characters in all fields should be
leave as is, not being encoded as "quotable-printable" in "From" & "Subject"
field, neither being changed to UTF-8 characters.

Bobi Jam

TB! 3.64.01 Christmas Edition on Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2