Hello Dwight!

On Wednesday, January 11, 2006, 8:41 AM, you wrote:

>> The link was this:
>> http://www.ritlabs.com/download/files3/the_bat/beta/thebat_pro_3-65.msi

>> It contains a word, "beta" :)))

> true enough, but in his defense, if you look at the help/about screen,
> there is no similar mention of beta, or when the version is identified
> in one's signature

I myself found the situation so ambiguous that I went to the
www.ritlabs.com Download page, to be sure that there wasn't a link
there for it.

RL has published .msi releases as full releases in the recent past,
with no notification on TBBETA that this was what was being done.

So I think the confusion is understandable.

I hope that RitLabs will wait to publish beta v. 3.65 until the
testers who have found show-stopping bugs in it and filed issue
reports at BT have confirmed to BT that each of these bugs is either
fixed or explained in a satisfactory way--even if the explanation is
that it's Working As Designed and there to stay, whether the
particular beta-testing reporter likes the design or not.

Mary
The Bat 3.65 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2

 Current beta is 3.65 | 'Using TBBETA' information: