Hello Jon,

> I have supported your wish.

Thanks :)

> However, the backup you propose will not be of any use if the file
> won't work fully with the newer version. In my most recent case, I had
> to abandon my backup and rebuild my definition file because the theme
> settings would not stick.

Yes, I know. But this was when upgrading from one Beta to a newer one,
and you cal always expect this type of things when "playing" with Betas.
I don't think this problem has appeared (at least yet) when upgrading
from one release version to a newer one.

In any case, having a tbuser.bak file can always help to recover
customisation. Even if it has to be done manually by "copypasting".

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v3.71.03 on Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2