Recently, Vili squawked:

V> Subject  says  all...  I  got  an  .ions extension file,

gosh, I hate to always be a curmudgeon.
I made a notepad file with a sentence therein. I saved the file as
untitled.txt.ions and sent it to my other email drop.

When trying to open the double extension, I got, as you did, the
warnings ..... and I selected Yes ...

and, after a LONG while, during which my silly old WinME O/S had to
figure out ALL the possible extensions and IF there was something to
open them, decided to ask ME if I had a program to open an ions file
... I selected Notepad, and the file opened.

This was as expected (here) because I am well used to the slow WinME
thinking when a file's respective extension is non-existent in the
table.

thus, not confirmed on WinME

--

Regards,