hi,

vv>> what you seem to definitely miss, is the difference between the

vv>> PRESENTATION (applied to browsers' address bar) and RECOGNITION of

vv>> an uri in an arbitrary text (which is the case of our message viewers)...

> In order to present, you must recognise first.

correct. the URI's umlauts MUST be %-encoded, so it'll be recognized properly. this is FIRST.

THEN,

TB may PRESENT it to the user anyhow you like.

> TB's viewer recognises

> URIs just fine, except the algorithm doesn't know yet that URIs may

> include umlauts now.

the URI per se must NOT contain any umlauts (again, please read that rfc throughly). it just can be PRESENTED to the user with those.

--

regards,

 vitalie                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]