Hello TB Users and Beta Lists,

I had been using Bayesit! for a few years with fairly good
success on my laptop.  About two months ago, my laptop
developed a hardware problem and I switched to my wife's
desktop (XP Pro SP2).

I have been training Bayesit! from scratch and have had it
catch nothing :-(

Turning on logging, I discovered that Bayesit! appeared a
bit confused.  From my log file:

    C:\data\TheBat\Mail\bayesitbase\spamdict.bye
    C:\data\TheBat\Mail\bayesitbase\nspamdict.bye
    Spam frequency dictionary:
    Error loading file. May be it is corrupted or lost.
    Non-spam frequency dictionary:
    Error loading file. May be it is corrupted or lost.
    Dictionary didn't load. Continue in training mode...
    No current recalculation session. Silent exiting...

There is, of course, no such "bayesitbase" subdirectory.
Looking at the Bayesit! configuration (under Basic filter's
options), I noticed that I had browsed to
"c:\data\TheBat\Mail\bayesit" for the working directory.
When I manually added the trailing backslash, the log file
showed me that it could now find both spamdict.bye and
nspamdict.bye.

That was just a few days ago and Bayesit! has still not
found any spam (I guess training is just starting now).

However, looking at the Information page is see:

    Spam frequency dictionary:
        C:\data\TheBat\Mail\bayesit\\base\spamdict.bye
        Size: 1386 letters.
        Capacity: 81940 words.
    Non-spam frequency dictionary:
        C:\data\TheBat\Mail\bayesit\\base\nspamdict.bye
        Size: 13135 letters.
        Capacity: 649383 words.
    Current active dictionary:
        Currently active dictionary contains 155617 words.

Please notice the '\\' in those filenames.

Anyone else seeing these problems?

I am currently running the most recent announced beta,
although I do not believe this is a beta issue - so I am
including both mailing lists.

Bill
TB! Pro :beta: 3.81.07 Beta  BayesIt! 0.8.4  X-Ray 1.4.0.0  XP Pro SP2  POP3