Hello George!

On Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 3:50 AM, you wrote:

>> perhaps the bug is XP related. I notice that you are running on
>> the platform Win2000.

> Sorry, Mary, I cannot confirm either on Win XP. Check for updates works like
> expected here. After Help/Check for update I got the "No updates available"
> window.

Well, as you may read further in the thread, now it works as expected
here, also.

I now believe it was not a bug in the TB! v. 3.85.03 code, but, as
Richard Wakeford has posted in his "guess," something amiss at the
download site.

Still, I'm not sorry we all discussed it here and on TBUDL, nor do I
regret making the BT report.

It emphasizes the major annoyance it has been--at least, to me. The
"notify at launch" is a truly welcome feature to me, and I like to be
able to trust it.

Actually, when I responded by pressing the "download" button, it was
in the back of my head that perhaps ".03" was a typo and this was
".04," which I had already seen in the works at the BT site when
putting a note to another report.

I don't recall ever noticing "Home" before I downloaded, since I did
it from the "notify at start" download button. But, I did see it later
when I did "Help/Check for update" after I read Tim Hamm's post to
TBUDL, and Richard Newman's post here.

Mary
The Bat 3.85.03 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2