Hello Peter Meyns & everyone else,

on 18-Okt-2006 at 18:48 you (Peter Meyns) wrote:

ASK>> Interesting. I'm using an english Windows XP and english TB.

> Here it is German Windows. XP on the PC and 2K on the notebook. I
> don't think that the OS language matters. I think it's RIT's language
> pack which comes along with every MSI of the Pro version. IIRQ I ran
> the new installation on the PC and just replaced thebat.exe on the
> laptop. So, installing the latest language pack here, would probably
> result in "Locate Original". I'm not sure though, if this applies to
> Voyager too.

I just checked... Control Panel / Add or Remove Programs shows TB
installed as 3.85.03 which is the MSI of the latest stable release. I
don't even have the int'l pack installed, always deselected it (the
built-in english interface is enough for me).

Whats really interesting #1 - I don't see the TB installation in the
control panel when I open it with my normal (limited user) work account.
Only when I log in as admin I can see TB in the list of installed
programs.

Whats really interesting #2 - I just started TB in the admin account (by
simply clicking Start / E-Mail, the XP shortcut to the default mail
program) and it loads version 3.0.2.10! I do have that version as
"thebat30210.exe" in my program files folder, but how does XP find this
version, especially since the installed MSI is 3.85.03?

I'm puzzled!

 Alexander (http://www.neurowerx.de)

Science is a world of most unlikely truths. And if we have found that
it works, we have only to thank the imaginative courage of men who
were willing to fly in the face of their five senses, from the day of
Galileo, to the day of Einstein. -- Jacob Bronowski

 Current ALPHA is 3.86.03 | 'Using TBBETA' information: