Hello Peter,

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/Windows2000serv/support/FAQW2KCP.mspx

PO> Find for:
PO> How can I delete a Key or Value Name using a filename.reg file?
PO> Click on it to view the answer.

Interesting, thanks. While this is for Windows 2000 Server, it should
also work for other Windows systems, I hope. The key paths look the
same. I am only not sure about 'REGEDIT4'. Will it work under XP?

PO> You may want to test this on some bogus / self created registry
PO> entires before actually performing the actions you have in mind.

I will, don't worry.

PO> HTH.

It did.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Even if a mixed metaphor sings, it should be derailed.