Hello Peter,

>> As I have told you in my previous message, these tmp files are net
>> created/generated by TB. Again I suspect they are created by your
>> antivirus.
>
> That is not true. TB! generates tmp files when it compresses your
> folders. They supposed to be deleted after the compression, but often
> enough TB! either dies or the process is cancelled by the user. In
> either of those cases the files are kept in the mail folders.
> Basically they are the pre-compressed copies of the tbb files and are
> safe to be deleted unless the tbb files got corrupted. If that happens
> you can close TB! and then rename the tmp file back to tbb.

I didn't know that. And I think that my 'conviction that TB didn't
generate any' at least proves that I have never seen any *.tmp files
left over in any of my mail folders. Not even while testing Betas. Maybe
because I have never allowed any antivirus to fiddle with my mail
folders?

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v3.95.8 on Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2