Hi Roger,

on  Thu, 22 Feb 2007 10:38:08 +0200GMT (22.02.2007, 09:38 +0100GMT here),
you wrote:

RP> At  my  installation  here,  ASS  worked  successfully  in TB versions up to
RP> 3.96.07, but fails in both 3.96.08 and 3.96.09. The problem seems to be that
RP> ASS  does  not  close properly after a mail download has completed, with the
RP> result thereafter that its staus is marked as "In error" and it will not run
RP> again.

RP> To  cure  the  problem I have to shut down and restart the computer and then
RP> reinstall ASS.

I didn't have any problems with ASS, free version, yet.

But I'm having problems with other plugins.

A while ago I used K9, which started, but didn't close any more with
The Bat! - I don't remember which version it was. I worked around it
with PowerPro.

Next was MyGate, which stopped starting with The Bat!, but when
started otherwise, it was closed along with The Bat!. Since a short
time ago - it may very well have been v3.96.08 - it neither starts nor
closes and I have to start and close it manually, respectively with a
PowerPro script. :( On Voyager 3.95.06 it doesn't start via plugin,
but at least it closes.

I think, Melanie is on the right trail. Something with the support of
plugins seems to go awry in the Vista versions of TB!...

--
Cheers
Peter

The Bat! v3.96.10 :beta: on WinXP, SP2, 5, 1, build 2600
plenty of POP accounts, no IMAP, OTFE disabled
AMD Athlon 2200+ at 1794 MHz, 512 MB RAM