Hello Alexander
On Saturday, March 3, 2007 you wrote:

> Hello Rick Grunwald & everyone else,

> on Saturday, March 3, 2007 at 16:00 you (Rick Grunwald) wrote:

>> Is not version numbering used to note how much work was done in the
>> release?

> It would be entirely new to me that there are strict guidelines how
> developers should use version numbering. :-)

Sorry but there are strict guidelines although I would have to
research who and where. Nothing that could or should be "enforced
If a version goes from v3 to 3.1 then 10% of the code has been
updated. When you change from v3 to v4 then there has been a
significant re-development. (not necessarily a complete rewrite)

It's been years since I have seen that
Here's a Wikipedia article that demonstrates that there is a definite
structure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_versioning

--
Rick