Thursday, August 23, 2007, 11:09:58 AM, you wrote:

> 8/23/2007  11:02 AM

> Hi Rick,

> On 8/23/2007 Rick Grunwald wrote:

RG>> Because HTML email is what is happening on the Internet these days and
RG>> for the past few years. Take a look at the number of customers THE BAT
RG>> has lost because it cannot deal effectively with HTML email, eithe
RG>> viewing or composing

RG>> Your suggestion is about as helpful as "I DO have a telephone but you
RG>> must always send handwritten letters"

RG>> Wake up. HTML is here and in wide use

> Your response does not address the question of removing message.html
> files. They are an implementation by TB! that I appreciate. They can
> be removed from view but don't go away until deleted.

Actually, thats not true. I just updated my report because mine are
not getting deleted even when I manually delete delete and answer the
prompt. Yes, I am using .21 Build (is .22 out yet btw?)

> I appreciate seeing the bloat caused by HTML content (typically 5 to 20 times
> the
> size of plain text).

> HTML may be a big part of your world. Mine is just the opposite and
> most of the received HTML messages are SPAM. One of the reasons I have
> stayed with TB! for 10 years is because of the way it deals with HTML
> _and_ protects my customers from the bad things that often appear in
> HTML.

This is not about you and your preferences. HTML email is here and
some people use it, some don't. That preference has _nothing_ to do
with functionality.

--
cheers,
 Indie_Dev