On Sunday, January 6, 2008, 15:13:37, Roger Phillips wrote:

> I  was  away  when 4.0.0.1 was announced and by the time I came back on line
> the   URL:
> http://www.ritlabs.com/download/files3/the_bat/beta/tba4001.rar
> could  not  be accessed. I therefore downloaded 4.0.0.2 and tried to install
> it  over 3.99.29 but got error message similar to the ones shown in the .jpg
> file  attached,  but  none  of  these  'errors'  seem  to be really there! I
> effectively removed the existing thebat.exe file by renaming it and then the
> 4.0.0.2 download installed without a problem.

The error means that you were trying to extract the new executable
while The Bat was still running.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >

[The Bat! v4.0.0.7 (ALPHA) on Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
5.2.3790.Service Pack 2]

Whenever you cut your fingernails, you will find a need for them an hour later.
       -- Witten's Law