Hello all,

As some of you may recall, about two years ago I logged a Wish List item
for the implementation of a Basic/Full menus option. It is not something
that I personally need but I think it would be useful. Specially for new
users who, at first sight if they look at the menus, may be 'frightened'
by the number of options available. You can see the wish list item here:

https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view.php?id=5476

If you look at the recently added notes, the issue has been assigned to
Valerye Bostan and he is looking into it for possible implementation.
But he has asked for our help and, as you can see, I have volunteered to
start some discussions on this list.

My idea is that this option can perhaps be easily implemented by the use
of two different 'tbuser.def' files: one for Basic menus where many
options are hidden (just hidden, not removed or disabled) and one for
Full menus where no options are hidden. Of course, Valerye knows much
better than me what it will take to implement such option and if it is
as easy as I think, or not.

What is very clear to me is that, no matter how the option is
implemented, it should be very clear and apparent for new users that
this option is available. For this, my suggestion would be to include a
text button in the Configuration Toolbar as in attached PNGs. I think
that a 'text button' with no icon highlights more clearly.

My idea about two tbuser.def files is so, in this way, as a user
becomes more proficient with TB (and with Customiser) he may opt to 'add
options' to his Basic menus (by un-hiding them) or to 'remove options'
from the Full version.

So, what I will do now as time permits, is to start a new thread for each
menu (at least the main ones) with an snapshot of how I think its 'basic
version' should look like. You can then compare with your own full
version and comment on it. This is what Valerye would like from us.

Why a new thread for each menu?
- To avoid mixing apples and oranges.
- Because of the size limitation for attachments in the list.

So, stay tuned and please comment.

TIA.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v4.0.0.10 (ALPHA) on Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2