Hello Vili,

> It is that those users have Compress at exit checked for the
> Inboxes. When TB quits, sometimes the compressing is not finished
> until TB is shutdown by itself/Windows/user/not enough disk
> space/too little system resources etc.

In recent versions of The Bat! 3.99 (or some earlier) abortion during
compression is no problem, since The Bat! first writes to a temporary file and
then overwrites it using the atomic rename operation. It’s not an application
fault. The problem is that during a massive disk write operation, file cache
may not be fully flushed to the physical disk by the OS. FAT32 is very
vulnerable in such cases.

In future versions, we will make folder compression less frequent, e.g. only
when the amount of unused space have reached a certain percent.

 Maxim                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]