Hello Graham,

>> I still can't understand why SSCE doesn't work for you. There must be
>> something 'peculiar' to your system.
>
> Neither can I and it tends to get to me. I had a similar problem with
> Phase One (Photographic) new software but it was later found by Phase
> One that the new software was coded using the latest code set which,
> unfortunately for me and some other users, included processor machine
> code which my AMD Sempron processor could not use. In this case the
> program was highly unstable and crashed a lot (unusable). So maybe it
> is the processor that is peculiar. That aside I have a very basic
> system which is totally reliable and no other strange happenings with
> other programs.

Don't you have access to another PC (a friend or relative) where you
could install your TB (the same file you installed in your PC) and check
if the SSCE speller works? It can be in evaluation, with even a fake
account. You don't need to send any message, just open the editor, start
writing and see what happens.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v4.0.14 on Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2