Hello Graham,
  A reminder of what Graham typed on:
  Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at 22:37:42 GMT +0000

G>  Can you tell me if this is a bug?

G> I notice if I manually press Receive New Mail and none arrives the status
bar reports 1 message received.
G>  The log shows fetch - Privileged Instruction and this seems to be
G> counted as message received.

G> Should such a message be counted/

G> Reason - sound occurs even if no mail delivered.  Account setting for
G> sound off makes no difference.

G> I only want the sound to play when mail is delivered and not when
G> connections are made.

I do not get this. Is it possible you have a filter that is processing the
message or if it is going into your spam folder?

If you click on that notification in the status bar, what does the resulting
log file tell you?

 Stuart                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Using The Bat! v4.0.14
 On Windows XP 5.1 Build #2600