Hello MAU,

Saturday, February 16, 2008, 9:10:40 AM, you wrote:

M> Hello Thomas,

DAC>>> My security system comes completely unglued when I try to open
DAC>>> that file.
>>
>> You should not just click on .reg files.

M> Fully agree! Because they may be  automatically imported to your
M> Registry without you even noticing.

You should open the file for editing and verify that the paths are
correct.  For example the first key in the file is:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\The Bat!]
"DLLPath"="C:\\Program Files\\The Bat!\\TBMapi.dll" @="The Bat!"

You can see that the path is "C:\\Program Files\\The Bat!\\TBMapi.dll"

The reg file require that paths be enclosed in quotation marks (") and
that that \ character in the path be doubled (\\).

Once you have verified that the paths are correct for your
installation, then you can save the file and then merge it into the
registry.  You will then get a UAC warning if you have UAC activated.
Click CONTINUE.  Next you will get the following message.

[Window Title]
Registry Editor

[Content] Adding information can unintentionally change or delete
values and cause components to stop working correctly.  If you do not
trust the source of this information in C:\Users\Directory where you
saved the file\mail.reg, do not add it to the registry.

Are you sure you want to continue?

[Yes] [No]

You would then click YES

You will then get the following message if everything worked
correctly.

[Window Title]
Registry Editor

[Content]
The keys and values contained in C:\Users\\Directory where you
saved the file\mail.reg have been successfully added to the registry.

[OK]

WARNING!!!!  DO NOT USE THIS FILE IF YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH EDITING
THE REGISTRY.

Also, backup the registry BEFORE merging the reg file.

   Charles mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 The Bat! E-Mail System version 4.0.14.2
 on Windows Vista 6.0 Build  6000

 AntispamSniper for the Bat! 2.7.1.7