>> But worse yet, I just noticed that my changes to the message status are not
>> kept.  If
>> I mark a message read, or I flag it, it goes back to Unread and unflagged
>> the minute
>> I leave the folder and come back.  None of the unread messages can be marked
>> unread
>> either.

V> Is this an IMAP account?

This is a POP3 account, and it is only the Inbox - Known that has this problem.
 The
normal Inbox is fine.

Mailbox passes integrity check and all other maintenance tasks.

I will try moving messages out, deleting it, and recreating it.

--
 Doug                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
******