Hello,
I am also experiencing similar symptoms with corrupted folders in Voyager, and
indeed always did have this problem - while very impressed with the Voyager
concept. Corruption is random so difficult to establish any pattern. I have
tried different USB sticks and always found Corsairs "Flash Voyager GT" the
best, with 100% data integrity - but still corruption of EMail folders, so the
problem is NOT with the USB stick - unless the problem may be related to the
flushing of cache.

I was advised to keep the Inbox as small as possible and while this improved
matters it is not a 100% cure.

Without the option to drop encryption, the recovery of folders is almost
impossible.

One utility of great use would be an automated synchronising tool to allow
Voyager users to synchronize with The Bat on their home/office PC. This would
have the additional benefit of allowing partial recover of corrupted folders on
the USB stick.

The Voyager concept is brilliant - keep up the good work and let's see it
improve, especially the integrity of folders.

Best regards,
Hamish
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reply to message sent 04/18/2008, @ 08:33:06 (1:33 AM Locally)
Hello Maurice,

> I'm experiencing a lot of problems with damaged folders in my Voyager
> installation.

> 1) What can I do to prevent this from happening again?
> 2) What is the best procedure to restore Voyager from a backup?

I'm afraid I can't really help with the questions but I can state I
have lived through this also. It seems once a folder gets corrupted
somehow it's lights out and there's no fixing it. I had to finally
just delete the folders that were giving me problems and start over
with them.

I spent days fooling with them and in the end I lost messages.
Backups didn't help as every time I restored a backup I just got the
corrupted folders back. I never mentioned it here as I have no idea
what causes them to go bad. If it was repeatable I'd have hoisted a
flag, but since it just happens out of the blue it's hard to report a
specific problem.

Although, it is at times like this that I wish encryption with
Voyager was optional.

--
ò.ó Nick
 Danger

[MUA: TB! Voyager 4.0.18.4]
[OS: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition 5 2]