Hello Munango-Keewati,

>> I wrote a small program now in Delphi 3 for this. 190 kB.
>> Download, copy somewhere and point to that file in the filter and add
>> the custom text. Simple for things like "You've got mail".
> Thank you very much.  This will do the job for me.

I made a v2 from it, download link is the same:
http://www.thebat.hu/TBAlert.exe

This should be the commandline when you run it from the filters as
external command:
C:\Program Files\The Bat!\Processing\TBAlert.exe "%FROM" "%SUBJECT" "New mail!"

I changed the icon from TB's icon to my favorite and added the
possibility to accept 3 parameter strings.

Also, I changed the TMemo to TColorMemo.

The only code:

procedure TForm1.FormShow(Sender: TObject);
begin
 //Stay on top
 with Self do
SetWindowPos(Handle,HWND_TOPMOST,Left,Top,Width,Height,SWP_NOACTIVATE or
SWP_NOMOVE or SWP_NOSIZE);
 //Display the first command line parameter
 If ParamCount>0 Then Memo1.Lines.Add('From: '+Paramstr(1));
 If ParamCount>1 Then Memo1.Lines.Add('Subject: '+Paramstr(2));
 If ParamCount>2 Then Memo1.Lines.Add('Note: '+Paramstr(3));
end;

Enjoy.

--
Vili
The Bat 4.0.20 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Szervizcsomag 2