On Monday, July 07, 2008 at 7:17 AM, Thomas wrote:

> I think U&R messages are a good feedback to the developers, and the
> location adds to the colour, i.e. internationality, of this list.

Actually, I don't think that it's very helpful at all to a developer.
Up and running on what kind of machine? How much RAM does it have?
What OS is it running?

I'm quite sure that RitLabs does BVTs before they release an updated
.exe and so they know that it's at least going to start without
crashing.  Thus, the fact that it does start up on your machine
without crashing is of absolutely no surprise.  Now, if it were to
crash on start-up, then that'd be something worth mentioning.

Personally, I think it's waste of resources and time to have all of
these 'up & running' messages.
--
 :A.