I just noticed, when I tried to install the latest beta on my machine,
that the slow shutdown times for Tb are back again.

It takes literally minutes for TB to disappear from memory (and to
release the EXE file) after the last 'maintenance screen' in the
shutdown cycle has been hidden.

I am not sure in which version this was reintroduced, but I would not
be surprised if this is somehow linked to the new index format.

One difference with the previous slow shutdowns, is that Tb allows you
to start a new copy of the program before the old program is removed
from memory.

MessageBase:
4 accounts
472 folders
15  virtual folders
300 thousand messages

This also happens when starting Tb and shutting it down immediately
(without retrieving any messages)

--
Robert van der Hulst
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using The Bat! 4.0.34.12 on Windows Vista.6.0.6001 Service Pack 1