>>> Just  a  question:  Is  this  useful  to anyone? I have tried to use
>>> Quicksearch  but  always ended up opening the (real) Search in order
>>> to find what I was looking for.
> KV> It is for sophisticated users, not beginners, that is true. I think,
> KV> it is a useful feature, use regularly.
> As has become clear in the meantime, the Quicksearch has more
> functions that first meets the eye.

This is from the help:

Quick Search

Quick Search is a real-time search to find a message in the message
list. As you type, the first message matching your string is selected
in the list; type on for further refinement.

If the next letter you type has no match in the list it is
automatically removed from the search string. The selection prevales.

1. Go to View->Toolbars->Quick Search

2. Type your search string into the Search field

3. Press <Ctrl>+<Enter> to find the next message with the same search string

4. <Shift>+<Ctrl>+<Enter> takes you back to the previous result

5. Press <Enter> to invoke a Quick Filter using the Quick Search
string. Only messages matching the Quick Search are now shown.

6. Press <Ctrl+=> or <Esc> to remove the Quick Filter.

Note: To get to the Quick Search toolbar you can also right-click on
the the toolbar dock and choose it from the pop-up menu.

Note: Quick Search also works when its toolbar is not visible.

Beware: Quick Search works on a selected folder/account only!

Vili