Julian-

Wednesday, June 21, 2006, 10:53:31 AM, you wrote:

> It then reads in some, but not all, of the outgoing messages.  The number
> it reads varies widely, even with the same batch file.  I'm emptying the
> Out and Trash folders each time, but it doesn't help.  Results are also
> unpredictable using 'thebat.ipc' instead of the Run command line.

> The most puzzling aspect is why it should sometimes work and sometimes
> (nearly always) not with the same batch file.

Don't know about the Access Violations, but here are some WAGs:

you're getting a varied amount of messages because of the error - at
some point along the way when the error is hit the processing of
commands in the batch file stops and you don't get any more.

It looks like a timing thing to me: you're trying to stuff one more
batch command when tb isn't quite done processing the previous one,
and the message threading gets messed up. I don't know how much you're
trying to put into that batch file, but possibly cutting its size down
and running this in multiple passes would help.

--
-Mark Wieder

 Using The Bat! v1.63 Beta/7 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 4