Muhammad Imran KHAN wrote on 2013-07-09:

> Hi All,
>

> I am beginer in this area. I am trying to install Tboot. My OS is "Linux
> 3.2.0-29-generic x86_64".
>
> Is there any step by step guide or document for installing tboot.
>
> Your help will be highly appriciated.

I suppose you are using Ubuntu 12.04 according to the kernel image name you
gave. So what you need to do include:

1. Find a system support Intel TXT.
2. Make sure your system are not installed for UEFI booting.
3. enable TPM/VT/VT-d/TXT in BIOS settings.
4. download corresponding SINIT from below url, and extract the sinit bin and
put it under /boot/.
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-trusted-execution-technology/
5. install tboot package with apt-get install tboot.
6. reboot and select the tboot option from the grub menu.
7. run txt-stat to make sure you get:
 TXT measured launch: TRUE
 secrets flag set: TRUE

If you want to install from source, try to hg clone the tboot tree or just
download the tboot-1.7.x.tar.gz from sf.net, and refer to the README file for
how to build and install from source.

Thanks
Jimmy