Hi Jan,

On 13 May 2014 11:38, Jan Kiszka <jan.kis...@siemens.com> wrote:

> Hi Justin,
>
> On 2014-05-13 11:43, Justin King-Lacroix wrote:
> > Hi Jan,
> >
> > What you're looking for is Flicker [1], which does exactly that.
>
> Thanks a lot! I already got this link off-list.
>
> > If you can't get Flicker to work, you could try something particularly
> > evil, like kexec-ing tboot.
>
> kexec would too evil, i.e. destructive. Our goal is to keep Linux alive. ;)

It depends on what you're tying to do -- my interpretation was that you
wanted to late-launch a hypervisor, which feels like it's just using Linux
as a seriously sophisticated bootloader and hardware initializer. In which
case kexec feels like it might actually be what you want: start Linux, get
it to do whatever dirty work it needs to, then kexec tboot to late-launch
your hypervisor. The hard part is then passing some kind of hardware
configuration/state-description data structure across two fairly
destructive operations (kexec and tboot-launch) into the new hypervisor
environment.
That said (having just skim-read the Jailhouse page), if you're just
looking for a way to catapult Jailhouse from inside Linux, Flicker is
probably a much better bet.

> Jan
>

> > Regards,
> > Justin