From: Ahmed, Safayet (GE Global Research) [mailto:safayet.ah...@ge.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 11:25 PM
To: tboot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [tboot-devel] Verified Launch Policies

>From what I understood from the documentation in tboot, policy_v2.txt, you
>need three indexes defined in the TPM NVRAM:

1)      The Platform Supplier (PS) policy in 0x50000001

2)      The Platform Owner (PO) policy in 0x40000001

3)      The verified launch policy in 0x20000001

The PS policy and PO policy formats are well documented in "Intel Trusted
Execution Technology, Software Development Guide". However, I did not see a
mention of the "verified launch policy" anywhere. It was not mentioned in the
book, "Intel Trusted Execution Technology for Server Platforms", for example.

I understand that it can be generated with the tool tb_polgen and I have looked
at the man pages, but I was wondering if there is more detailed documentation
on the verified launch policy.

Is the verified launch policy something tboot specific?

Can I setup a TXT-enabled system with a Platform Owner policy and without a
verified launch policy?

Thank you,

Safayet Ahmed,
Computer Engineer