Hello,

During my late experiments with tboot, I found the helper scripts
in /etc/grub.d not to be helpful. While they may be useful to obtain a
first skeleton for a tboot boot entry initially, once users start to
work seriously with tboot (e.g. create LCP and VLP), they are actually
harmful and must be avoided because they might overwrite carefully
crafted command lines. The scripts don't support DA PCR mapping or
policy data files, and mess up white space.

I am submitting a series of patches I came up with to to fix this. One
thing I did not attempt to tackle was UEFI support in
20_linux_xen_tboot. I am unsure whether there are any general
restrictions regarding that scenario, and I currently have no way to
test this.

A part of the series was to give users the chance to customize the boot
loader entries generated. The scripts check for a configuration
file /etc/default/grub-tboot with a syntax similar to /etc/default/grub
and take configuration settings from there.

A sample /etc/default/grub-tboot file might look like this:

# Command line for tboot
GRUB_CMDLINE_TBOOT="logging=serial,memory,vga loglvl=info pcr_map=da"
# Extra kernel command line for Linux+tboot
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_TBOOT="intel_iommu=on console=ttyS0,115200n8"
# Extra Xen command line for Linux+Xen+tboot
GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN_TBOOT="com1=115200,8n1 console=com1"
# Extra Kernel command line for Linux+Xen+tboot
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_XEN_TBOOT="console=hvc0"
# Basename of LCP policy data file under /boot
GRUB_TBOOT_POLICY_DATA="lcp.dat"

The Xen parameter "iommu=force" is not part of the customization, the
script force it to be set, as before. For the Linux parameter
"intel_iommu=on" I did not bother, because it's forced by the kernel in
TXT mode anyway.

Regards
Martin