> I created the VL policy with type "nonfatal" first. With pcr_map=da, PCR-18
> was the same with different kernels/modules, as expected.
> (btw it would be nice if a policy violation was visible in some PCR, even
> with "nonfatal")

PCR 17 and possibly 19 (depending on your PCR settings for VLP) will
depend on your actual kernel and initrd.

> Then I changed the VL policy to "halt", and now PCR-18 is different from
> before - but I have not even touched NVRAM, so the authorities measurement in
> PCR-18 should be the same, am I right?

Did you maybe use PCR 18 in your VLP? Check the --pcr option of your
tb_polgen command line.

Otherwise I don't know. You could check your tboot log for the detailed
PCR logs, and try to find out the difference.

Martin