The hash algorithm mask is 0. If I write all 1s to that area in my .pol file, I
get past the ACM check. There is a bug in lcptools-v2/crtpol.c where none of
the alg-masks are ever touched. They exist in the lcp_policy_t2 struct, but
they're not initialized to a usable value. They just inherit the value of all
zeroes from the memset() call.

I'm hacking a patch together to get my testing completed. How would you devs
like me to implement that in a final patch? I can make command line arguments
to be passed in with those values. I think I should also at least make the
default match the algorithm being passed in on the command line. So if you
specify "--alg sha256" then lcp_hash_alg_mask should at least match that with
0x0B. If you have preferences for command line argument letters to use, speak
up. Otherwise, I'll pick ones that match with lcptools and that make sense.

<snip>