> According to the latest spec
> (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software-developers/intel-txt-software-development-guide.html)
>  from Intel (and at least since version 013 from August 2016), you have to
> use 0x01C10106 for LCP Platform Owner. See Appendix J, the statement
> beginning with "TXT ACMs will support only 0x1C1_xxxx index set."
>
> You should be able to provision that index with tpm2_tools' tpm2_nvdefine
> command.

That was indeed a problem. After changing the index it works. Thank you Travis!
I still get the 'reading failed' errors in Tboot logs. But from my
tests, the MLE works fine, and the boot halts if there are changes
detected. So I wouldn't bother about the error messages now.

Also, are the "tb_polgen" generated policies still valid? I was
attempting a verified launch (mostly following the guidelines here :
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Trusted_Boot#Setting_the_Launch_Control_Policy
and using lcp2_* tools instead of lcp).
The VLP doesn't seem to have any effect.
tb_polgen "--show" can't be used with new policy files, hence the
question. Is there a way to generate VLP with lcp2_* tools ?