There are firmware based secure boot using fTPM secure partitioning and
more.

Some chipset vendors also support secure boot natively.

1. Is there a cpu architecture-neutral way to implement secure/trusted boot.
2. Assuming an internet facing router(without secure/trusted boot) is
hardened enough with basic security measures, what are different attack
vectors to install malicious code on the router.

-C