Hi Jerry

On Wed, 2020-11-11 at 15:15 -0700, Jerry Snitselaar wrote:
> Would it be possible, or has any thought been given to being able to
> build tboot with only tpm2.0 support? We have started to deprecate
> support for tpm1.2, and eventually would like to just support
> tpm2.0. One possible stopping point to accomplishing that is the
> dependency tboot has on trousers. I don't know much about tboot,
> so I don't know if that is something that could be possible in
> the future.

TBOOT itself does not depend on TrouSerS. This library is only required
to build policy generation tool - lcptools. If you call 'make' inside
tboot directory, not from repository root, you don't have to install
TrouSerS.

There is a new version of that tool - lcptools-v2 that does not depend
on TrouSerS. In next TBOOT release I am going to mark lcptools as
depreciated and exclude it from building process, so there will be no
dependency on TrouSerS any more in TBOOT.

Thanks,
Lukasz