Hi Paweł

On Thu, 2022-12-22 at 15:13 +0000, Pawel Randzio wrote:
> changeset b06289220ef8 in /hg/p/tboot/code
> details:
> http://hg.code.sf.net/p/tboot/code/code?cmd=changeset;node=b06289220ef8
>       Extend low memory range reserved for logs
>
>       Some platforms with higher core count had the issue of logs
>       overflowing the memory range reserved for them, and thus
>       overwriting themselves, leaving just a bit of last lines
>       of logs to be later read.
>
>       Before range was 32KB, now it is 200KB which HOPEFULLY
>       won't need further extensions

This patch adds at least two memory overlap issues.

Real mode part of Linux kernel (and cmdline args) has starting address
limited in TBOOT to max 0x90000. After this patch, memory assigned to
logs overlaps with this address. In my testing system - i5-7300U, Linux
kernel does not start after applying the patch.

Secondly, address of TBOOT's S3 wakeup handler is hardcoded to 0x8a000,
that also is covered by the new logs region.

I am not XEN expert, but there is also a comment in config.h that
suggest that XEN has some trampoline code at 0x8c000, this may also
conflict with logs.

As I said, my testing system does not boot with this patch, I expect
that this is not the only one. I don't know the exact motivation on
expanding space for logs, but you should consider to do this in another
way.

Thanks,
Lukasz