Hello The Bat! developers,

  I'm using The Bat! Version 1.53bis
  Serial Number BB892117
  under Windows NT 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 1
  and would like to report a bug

  The bug description:
    Not all DDE related registry keys seem to be well formed. I have
    discovered 3 places where TB! stores DDE settings in the registry:

    /1/ HKLM\software\classes\mailto\shell
    /2/ HKLM\software\classes\The Bat! message file\shell
    /3/ HKLM\software\classes\The Bat! vCard file\shell

    /1/ seems to be correct:

        [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\mailto\shell\open\DDEexec]
        @="%1"

        [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\mailto\shell\open\DDEexec\Application]
        @="thebat"

        [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\mailto\shell\open\DDEexec\Topic]
        @="tbDDE"

    /2/ however (as well as /3/) looks strange, instead of an
        shell\open key adjacent to shell\command there is a much
        deeper tree with a touch of recursion:

        [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\The Bat! message file\shell\open]

        [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\The Bat! message file\shell\open\command]
        @="\"F:\\Program Files\\The Bat!\\thebat.exe\" /nologo /o:\"%1\""

        [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\The Bat! message file\shell\open\command\shell\open\DDEexec]
        @="/nologo /o:\"%1\""

        [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\The Bat! message
file\shell\open\command\shell\open\DDEexec\shell\open\DDEexec\Application]
        @="thebat"

        [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\The Bat! message
file\shell\open\command\shell\open\DDEexec\shell\open\DDEexec\Application\shell\open\DDEexec\Topic]
        @="tbDDE"

PS: i have crossposted this to TBTECH. It's quite usual to crosspost
bug reports to TBUDL or TBBETA, but as I thought that this bug report
will only bore most of TBUDL readers (and the subject is quite
technical), I'm sending it to TBTECH. Is this okay?

Regards,
  Peter Steiner