hiyall,

>> But why does the The Bat! have an address book that includes all
>> kinds of personal information, but there is really no way to access
>> it without opening the address book separately, and copy/paste the
>> info you need?
>> Please I am not the type to want more 'features' in The Bat!, but
>> this is already there. Why not take advantage of it.

> I see what you mean, but TB's address book is (at present) only there
> to provide data for templates and message address headers. Contact
> management is an area of reasonable complexity. To offer such
> functionality in TB could either signify bloat or open TB to a new
> area of criticism

maybe right - though I tend to support Grimnir's thought: the AB
already includes a special export function "Export to/Address List
(plain text)" from which you get all (selected) name/address pairs
each in one line sent to one file. If one had a chance to affect the
content of this one line (via macro or even of several lines via
template) you/we had all possibilities to comfortably deal with what
Grimnir thought of (at least as I understood it) - the selection could
be done via search or IFs...

[Daniel: export to "Comma Separated Plain Text" does not quite do that
job as you cannot select the order in which the data is given...]

--
kind regards, Shalom
NOrbert