Hello Jan,

Jan Rifkinson wrote:

>   So a template included in a text file will execute on
>   being inserted in an email msg?

If you use the %INCLUDE macro to insert it, yes.

>   Would I use %INCLUDE [for random msg] or %INCLUDE or %PUT
>   for specific files for specific purposes?

%INCLUDE acts the same as %QINCLUDE.  The only difference between a QT
and the templates %INCLUDE uses is where they are stored.  For a QT,
they are stored "within" TB, but with %INCLUDE, you can store your
template in any text file.  %PUT does not treat the file as a template,
so it won't execute any macros.

The advantage of %PUT is that you don't have to worry about the format
of your content.  You are free to use the '%' character anywhere without
precautions.  For a template, the '%' character has a special meaning,
and so it is evaluated when the template is executed.

Of course %INCLUDE has the advantage that you can have dynamic content
in your text using macros.

See the help file for more information.

--
Good luck!