i like to keep track of which attachments i've sent out, but i'd also
like to change the directory structure on my hard-drive.  In
particular, i'd like to make a simple change of moving my 'photos'
folder up one level in the tree.

Is it possible to update the Bat's info on these new structures, so
i can still see what attachments i've sent out?

I'm hoping its as simple as doing a 'find-replace' in some files or
registry area somewhere, and just simply deleting the any references
to the folder i've deleted. eg if its in D:\multimedia\photos i would
delete all instances of 'multimedia\' in order to bring the
Bat-associations in line with my HD directory structure.  [1]

Is it more complicated than that?  If what i want is impossible, then:

is there some macro or something that would at least automagically do
a text-insert of the name & extension of any attachments onto the end
of the message?   Then even if the files associations disappeared, at
least i would still know which files were sent with what email.

regards,
charlie

------------------

[1]

i've noticed that if i change the folder name wherein a file
attachment is stored, its 'attachment' icon disappears from that
message in bat's message list. So you can no longer tell what file was
attached to that message. AFAICT, I've removed the directory where the
bat was expecting to find the attachments, so as far as the Bat is
concerned, those files are deleted, and there's no point showing them
as attached to that message. If i restore the folder to what it was,
then the file attachments re-appear.

(Oddly enough, i've happened across a few .avi attachments where
changing the folder doesn't have any effect on the Bat's link to them!
i can change the folder name, but somehow the bat still knows they are
there. ahh...hold...when i play them, i see the name displayed at the
top is changed ... mini-mystery 'solved' - its a name belonging to a
file in windows/temp/bat . ok weird, don't know how that happened. )

--

Using The Bat! v1.60h on Windows 98
4.10 Build 2222