Hello all:
I am having trouble getting through to a particular ListServ mailing
list:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

When I send a simple Query to it --- I neither get a bounce nor the
expected brief response. And thus, I cannot post through that List
either.

But, If I use OutLook Express 6 (here), then the *Query* will be
acknowledged by the ListServ.

The only thing different that I note when viewing under 'RFC-822' mode
is that the OE-6 has ISO-8859-1 listed under
Whereas, TheBat! has us-ascii in the same place.

Try it for yourself ---send a simple email with "Query lgd-l" in the
body and nothing else ---- subject doesn't matter.

You *should* get back a brief email telling you that you are not
subscribed. In my case, I get back my *settings* IF I can get the email
to be recognised by the darned ListServ.

I have tried to put  -->  %CHARSET="ISO-8859-1" <-- in the template for
this particular ListServ. I have checked 8859 wherever possible in TB's
options --- still, all email sent lists the charset as us-ascii --- even
when I selected cyrillic, arabic and a few others.

So, can someone please tell me where I am missing something?

--

Thanks for the help ...
Robert D.

 Current version is 1.61 | "Using TBTECH" information: