Hi Marck,

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, at 02:52:10 [GMT +0000] (which was 7:52 PM where
I live) you wrote:

MDP> The only solution I can think of is to have a special bounce
MDP> handling folder containing one text file per member with the
MDP> bounce count in it, i.e. [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yeah, I thought about that too, but geez, that'd be a pain. I guess
you could VBScript it to delete the user's text file once you removed
the address book entry.

Essentially the regexp would be the text file contents + 1, and if it
didn't exceed the threshold, that filter would be positive and kick
off the VBScript to add one to the text file (I've already done
something like this with the subscriber counter), and then it would
not proceed to the next filter. If it did exceed the threshold, then
it would be filter negative, which should mean the next filter down
processes it, which would kick off the remove from addressbook group
action, and run the VBScript to delete the user's .txt file (just to
keep things clean).

The only problem with using the memo field in that way, would be if
you had multiple filter sets that utilized the memo field. I guess at
that point you have to do something like:

     Bounces: x
     Warnings: x

Regexping those for reading would be easy, but writing back to a
specific line like that would be tough. i.e. Reading the posts as 5
and adding one, then overwriting just the line "Posts: 5" with "Posts:
6" would be a real bear I think.

I guess the ultimate way would be when plugins are integrated more
fully (other than just spam filtering in the betas), and having the
ability to write to a backend SQL database. Now that'd be something to
see. All the data storage capability in TB using an SQL backend (AB,
message memos, etc.) <wistful sigh> lol

I love TB dearly, but I see so much room for it to be able to do some
really phenomenal things. Stuff geeks are made of I guess.

--
Cheers,
Leif Gregory

List Moderator (and fellow registered end-user)
PCWize Editor  /  ICQ 216395  /  PGP Key ID 0x7CD4926F
Web Site <http://www.PCWize.com>
TB FAQ   <http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/FAQ.html>
Using The Bat! 1.63 Beta/5 under Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 3
on a P4 1.6Ghz OC'd to 2.32Ghz with 512MB.

Tagline of the day:
If what you don't know can't hurt you, she's practically invulnerable.

 Current version is 1.61 | "Using TBTECH" information: