Monday, June 2, 2003, 12:01:19 PM, you wrote:

> Hi Chris,

> @2-Jun-2003, 10:54 Chris Wilson [CW] in
> mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

CW>> ... The 2 files in the relevant folder are messages.tbb and
CW>> messages.tbi  I believe, both are openable in Notepad, although
CW>> the .tbb file, being 38 plus megs, takes an age to open and uses
CW>> all virtual memory and stuff.

CW>> Is it possible to suggest a fix for this folder,

> I suggest you try deleting the .tbi file. This is the folder index
> and will be rebuilt by TB if not found. If that doesn't help, try
> creating a new folder and importing the messages into it using the
> "From The Bat! Message base (.tbb) files" option.

> NB: You will lose any "Parked" flags in either of these procedures
> since message flags are help in the .tbi file.

Thanks for the speedy replies chaps! I also got a reply a little earlier
on The Bat Beta list from Alexander Leschinsky suggesting I use the
following app, which has worked a miraculous cure and all is now well...
/phew/ About to a back up to CD as i should have done weeks ago, and
regularly thereafter. Thanks again!

Aleaxander posted:
http://www.crimea.com/~krugovoy/reber.exe - Recursive thEBat Email Recover

place in folder with damaged base and run

--
Best regards,
 Chris Wilson                           mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]